Wisconsin Assembly Bill 450 (AB 450), which prohibits localities in Wisconsin from instituting sanctuary policies that restrict local cooperation with federal immigration officials, will be heard during an executive session of the Assembly Committee on Urban and Local Affairs TOMORROW, February 3 at 10:30 AM.
Executive sessions are a legislative committee meeting during which the committee votes, or takes “executive action,” on a bill or other proposal. Please contact members of the Committee and tell them to vote in favor this critical legislation!
Tell them that local cooperation and assistance in the enforcement of immigration law is good public policy. The benefits of anti-sanctuary city bills like AB 450 include:
- Fighting illegal immigration by eliminating the attraction for illegal aliens to come to Wisconsin;
- Furthering the public safety and welfare of Wisconsin residents and visitors;
- Taking away competition for scarce jobs; and
- Providing ICE with critical assistance to enable it to accomplish its mission to identify and remove criminal aliens who are already in state or local custody.
Call the members of the Assembly Committee on Urban and Local Affairs TODAY to let them know to put an end to dangerous sanctuary policies by supporting AB 450!
- Representative E. Brooks (Chair) 608-266-8531
- Representative Hutton (Vice-Chair) 608-267-9836
- Representative Novak 608-266-7502
- Representative Quinn 608-266-2519
- Representative Steffen 608-266-5840
- Representative Skowronski 608-266-8590
- Representative Genrich 608-266-0616
- Representative Young 608-266-3786
- Representative Subeck 608-266-7521
For more information about what you can do, contact your FAIR Field Representative.