TODAY, the House Committee on Judiciary is scheduled to hear two important immigration bills, House Bill 7610 (HB 7610), which grants driving privileges to illegal aliens living in Rhode Island, and House Bill 7860 (HB 7860), which bans sanctuary policies in the state and requires state and local law enforcement to cooperate with federal immigration authorities. These bills are scheduled to be heard in the Room 101 of the State House.
We need your help to ensure immigration laws are not overlooked in Rhode Island! Please call members of the Committee and tell them to OPPOSE HB 7610 and SUPPORT HB 7860.
Tell these elected officials that supporting immigration enforcement and opposing granting driver’s licenses to illegal aliens are smart policies. The benefits include:
- Furthering the public safety and welfare of Rhode Island residents and visitors;
- Fighting illegal immigration by eliminating the attraction for illegal aliens to come to Rhode Island;
- Taking away competition for scarce jobs; and
- Providing ICE with critical assistance to enable it to accomplish its mission to identify and remove criminal aliens who are already in state or local custody.
- Granting driving privileges will create a magnet for illegal aliens to move to Massachusetts and add to the overall financial burden of providing education and public services, while reducing job availability for legal residents.
Click here to find the contact information for the members of the Committee. Only with your help can we ensure immigration laws are enforced in Rhode Island!
For more information about what you can do, contact your FAIR Field Representative.