Texas Seeks Delay in Supreme Court Review
“Texas’ attorney general on Monday asked the Supreme Court for a 30-day extension to file a reply brief In a move that could derail the Obama administration’s attempt to get the court to hear an appeal on a major immigration case this term. If the court were to grant the extension, it could mean that justices might only hear the case next term, and possibly only decide it after the presidential election,” CNN reports.
Bill Could Limit Tech Visa Programs
“Even as immigration advocates push for increases to the H-1B visa quotas, calls for reform to the existing system are growing louder — from legislators and immigration advocacy groups alike,” Techcrunch.com says.
“Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and Senator Dick Durbin, a ranking Democrat, introduced a bill that would limit outsourcing of jobs by requiring companies to first attempt to hire U.S. citizens. The bill, called the “H1-B and L-1 Visa Reform Act of 2015,” also includes protections for fair wages for visa holders. It presents the latest tension point in Silicon Valley’s ongoing push to secure more high skilled immigration visas.”
New PBS Documentary on Immigration
“Why has it been so hard for Washington to fix our country’s broken immigration system? In “Immigration Battle,” a special two-hour feature film presentation from FRONTLINE and INDEPENDENT LENS, acclaimed independent filmmakers Shari Robertson and Michael Camerini take viewers behind closed doors in Washington’s corridors of power to explore the political realities surrounding one of the country’s most pressing and divisive issues,” says PBS.
Obamas Refugee Policy Mirrors His Amnesty Policy – Studied Ignorance
:So far President Obama’s attitude toward Syrian refugees is identical to the way he has approached illegal immigration. He has absolutely no concern for following established procedures for legally admitting foreign nationals into the country. He cannot be trusted to enforce any refugee vetting procedures since he has shown contempt for the 1996 Immigration law,” says Michael Bargo Jr.
Assimilation Vs. Immigration
“We need a summit with world leaders, both political and religious, televised for all to watch. The topic is crucial. It’s not global warming. It’s Islam. The summit must establish a universal and coherent reformation of the principles of Islam in the 21st century, while at the same time denouncing the violent strain of radical Islam,” says Robert Davi.
Cheerleader Kicked Off Team For Tweeting About Immigration’s Impact on Her Town
‘A Massachusetts mother said last week her daughter was suspended for a year from the cheerleading team over a comment the senior published to her Twitter account. Caley Godino told WFXT-TV she was responding to a comment from her teacher about low voter turnout in a recent election when she made the remark earlier this month. ‘When only 10% of the revere votes for mayor cause the other 90% isn’t legal,’ the tweet said,” the Blaze reports.