Kate Steinle’s murder three weeks ago by a previously deported illegal alien has sparked national outrage, intense debate, nonstop media coverage, two congressional hearings, testimony from a grieving father and law enforcement officials pleading for an end to sanctuary policies. All this after months of emerging evidence showing the Obama administration has been releasing criminal aliens by the tens of thousands.
Granted, no one rioted.
After Michael Brown’s shooting in Ferguson by a police officer fearing for his life, Obama signed an Executive Order establishing the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing, culminating in 81 pages of recommendations that police departments nationwide are compelled to follow.
Yet after Kathryn Steinle was murdered by an illegal alien who was deported five times with seven criminal convictions, Obama responded by adamantly promising he would veto any legislation that halts the sanctuary policies directly causing her death.
Obama’s Lawless Cartel – his administration, his Far Left friends along with the special interests who advocate on behalf of illegal aliens – are dug in and doubling down on their opposition to any solution that detains criminal aliens and saves lives. Despite the overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence that Kate Steinle’s life was lost because of sanctuary policies, the Far Left just doesn’t care and they told us so these past few weeks:
- White House Spokesman Josh Ernest blamed Republicans for Kate’s murder because they didn’t pass “comprehensive immigration reform,” (amnesty).
- No one from the White House or administration bothered to call the Steinle family.
- When asked in a House Judiciary Committee hearing about Kate Steinle, DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson responded by saying, “who?”
- When asked by Senator Vitter in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing if the administration was ever going to impose penalties on sanctuary cities, ICE Director Sarah Saldana said, “I presume when you all address comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty); perhaps it can be addressed there.”
- The Office of Management and Budget expressed its opposition to Rep. Hunter’s Bill that would have denied funding to sanctuary cities by claiming it, “threatens the civil rights of all Americans.”
- Xaveir Becerra, Chairman of the House Democrat Caucus said, “I don’t believe we should be trying to ascribe blame based on a designation as a sanctuary city.” Later he said, “We can do the so-called Donald Trump Act which simply denies the cities and towns their dollars to hire police officers while attacking immigrant communities.”
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chairwoman Linda Sanchez said the anti-sanctuary bill “undermines law enforcement when the real issue here is the need to pass immigration reform” (amnesty).
- While referring to a policy that would require local jurisdictions to hold criminal aliens for ICE, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi wrote “rigid adherence” to such policies “may not actually serve the interests of justice.”
- National Day Laborer Organizing Network says they are against any legislation that, “further criminalizes immigrants.”
- Tom Manger, testifying in front of the House Judiciary Committee was oblivious to the deadly irony of his statement, “When immigrants come to view their local police and sheriffs with distrust because they fear deportation, it creates conditions that encourage criminals to prey upon victims and witnesses alike.” Manger is the Police Chief for Montgomery Country, Maryland (Sanctuary Central) and the president of the Major Cities Chiefs Police Association, an organization that – unlike sheriffs who oppose sanctuary polices – support them.
Kate Steinle’s death doesn’t matter to the far left because if it did, they’d do something. They could have extended a helping hand this past week passing legislation to stop sanctuary cities. They didn’t.
They extended their middle finger.
179 Democrats – almost all – voted against Rep. Duncan Hunter’s bill that would have driven a stake into the heart of sanctuary cities.
The statements and behavior of the far left these past few weeks leads to one frightening conclusion; their end goal is to gut all immigration limits and enforcement entirely and they will hold public safety hostage in pursuit of amnesty at any price, including human life.
If the left won’t relent in the aftermath of this high-profile murder, smoking-gun evidence that sanctuary policies are at fault and national outrage over Kate’s death, then they never will.