“Two big amnesty decisions came down in the courts last week: The refusal by Texas district court judge Andrew Hanen to stay his injunction order against DAPA and DACA and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal’s decision to dismiss 12 ICE agents’ case against DACA only. Interestingly, both courts came to completely opposing views on the issue of whether or not ICE agents have discretion in instituting deportation proceedings,” says Ian Smith of the Immigration Reform Law Institute. Read more at IRLI’s blog here.
About The Author
Founded in 1987, the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) is a national, nonprofit, public-interest legal education and advocacy law firm.
February 4, 2015
September 3, 2015
January 15, 2015
September 13, 2014
- The Never Ending Story: Immigration and Judicial Activism
- Sanctuary Cities Invite Tragedies; Immigrant Activists Cover For Them
- Attorney General Sessions Cracks Down on DOJ Funding for Sanctuary Cities
- Mr. President, Do Your Job and Let Jeff Sessions Do His
- Running Down a Dream: AGs Make a Case Against DACA