“Last Wednesday, President Obama delivered an implied threat to discipline or even fire Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employees who might be inclined to follow the law instead of DHS’ unlawful amnesty policies. (Weekly Standard, Feb. 25, 2015) While answering questions before amnesty activists at a town hall event hosted by MSNBC and Telemundo anchor Jose Diaz-Balart, the President explained that any official at Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) who refused to obey his executive actions would face ‘consequences,'” notes FAIR’s most recent Legislative Update.
About The Author
From meeting with members of Congress to providing testimonies for hearings and issuing reports, the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) has worked on national immigration issues since 1979. The Government Relations team reviews legislation and legal opinions and acts as a liaison between FAIR and Congress.
September 9, 2015
June 23, 2015
September 11, 2013
January 15, 2014
- After Years of Footing the Bill, President Trump Finally Offers Texas Border Security Funds
- Same Song, 2nd Verse: The Fallacy that Mass Immigration is Needed for a Healthy Economy
- Mitch McConnell has Some Unexpected Time on His Hands. Here’s an Idea for Putting it to Use
- Trump Administration Ignores Blue Collar American Workers, Adds 15,000 H-2B Visas
- ‘Deep State’ Goes Rogue on Refugees