“Last Wednesday, President Obama delivered an implied threat to discipline or even fire Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employees who might be inclined to follow the law instead of DHS’ unlawful amnesty policies. (Weekly Standard, Feb. 25, 2015) While answering questions before amnesty activists at a town hall event hosted by MSNBC and Telemundo anchor Jose Diaz-Balart, the President explained that any official at Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) who refused to obey his executive actions would face ‘consequences,'” notes FAIR’s most recent Legislative Update.
About The Author
From meeting with members of Congress to providing testimonies for hearings and issuing reports, the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) has worked on national immigration issues since 1979. The Government Relations team reviews legislation and legal opinions and acts as a liaison between FAIR and Congress.
March 11, 2015
- If You Build It, They Won’t Come
- Malibu Gives Sanctuary to Illegal Aliens (Just as Long as they Don’t Try to Use the Beach)
- After Illegal Aliens Allegedly Commit Brutal Crime, Maryland Lawmakers Consider Sanctuary
- Judiciary Wages War on Trump, Jeopardizes National Security
- North Carolina Committee Passes Anti-Sanctuary Enforcement Bill