Robustly and uniformly enforce our immigration laws.
Policies that direct law enforcement to ignore violations of our laws undermine the rule of law and are inherently unjust to law-abiding legal immigrants. We must enforce our existing immigration laws, eliminate fraud throughout the system, and prohibit the adoption of policies by state/local governments that encourage illegal immigration or provide benefits to illegal aliens.
Enforcement doesn’t require mass deportation. If we enforce our laws and remove the incentives to remain here, many illegal aliens will go home on their own.
It’s time to take back immigration reform by robustly and uniformly enforcing our immigration laws.
- True Immigration Reform: A Policy that Serves the Interests of the American People
- Illegal Aliens Leaving Arizona in Response to Enforcement
- Senate Immigration Bill Falls Far Short on Enforcement
- Issue Brief: Local Immigration Enforcement
- President Obama’s Record of Dismantling Immigration Enforcement
- Report: Sanctuary City Policies Across the U.S. (PDF)