Last week, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee. While Senators primarily questioned her about her Department’s recent announcement to administratively close pending and incoming deportation cases for illegal aliens deemed a “low-priority” by the Administration, several Senators also focused on critical issues such as the implementation of the exit portion of US-VISIT and the Administration’s attacks on states who attempt to enforce immigration law.
FAIR has selected several clips highlighting key portions of the hearing:
- Watch Sen. Grassley’s opening statement here
- Watch Sen. Grassley question Sec. Napolitano here
- Watch Sen. Hatch question Sec. Napolitano here
- Watch. Sen. Durbin question Sec. Napolitano here
- Watch Sen. Sessions question Sec. Napolitano here
For more information about Sec. Napolitano’s testimony and to access more of this week’s stories from FAIR check out our Legislative Update.